Char Dham where the Himalayas are adored, is situated in the district of Uttarkashi region. Living heaven for gods and goddesses devotees. Also known as the birthplace of Uttarakhand, the city of saints and their magical relationships with stream and door to Salvation. India’s earth where lord Shiva is greeted.
Home to God’s four significant dedicated holy lands.
- Yamunotri: Where the Yamuna River is placed, a holy site dedicated to the goddess Yamuna.
- Gangotri: Holy site dedicated to Goddess Ganga.
- Kedarnath: Land dedicated to Lord Shiva and Kedarnath Temple. Additionally, one of 12 Jyotirlingas of lord Shiva.
- Badrinath: dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is known for its Badrinath temple.
Char Dham is the place where people devote their life in devotion to God and God’s power.
Also, devotees believe that visiting these holy places is the “Door to Salvation” for them “Moksha”, believed that the power and magic of these holy shrines will help them attain moksha from the cycle of birth and death.
Additionally, count as an important journey one should take in life according to Hindu mythology.
HOW TO REACH CHAR DHAM FROM MAJOR CITIES
Devotees start their journey of Char Dham usually from the town of Haridwar or Rishikesh or the capital Dehradun which is well connected with major cities of India.
Travelers can reach Char Dham by road, or train. or by flight, or as per their convenience.
Once you’ve decided to get your journey started, you need to make sure to give at least 10 to 15 days to cover your whole journey once you have reached your destination.
For people traveling by air
The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport, which is about 25 kilometers from the capital city of Uttarakhand, Dehradun.
For people traveling by train
The nearest railway station is Rishikesh, which is well-connected to major cities of India.
After reaching your destination you can opt for a taxi or a direct bus.
THINGS TO DO IN CHAR DHAM
Char Dham is a place for spiritual and religious practices and is famous for many outdoor adventure activities. activities that are not only exciting but also full of knowledge and learning.
Char Dham offers a lot more than just visiting four significant sacred shrines of gods. These activities are –
- Walk through Himalayan routes and explore the unseen beauty of the Himalayas.
- Participate in the evening aarti at the shrines and get your soul peace of mind and body, where priests and their students offer prayers and rituals at ghats.
- Get yourself soaked in a holy water spring by taking a dip in Yamunotri and Gangotri. Its believed to have the purest natural water on earth that holds healing properties.
- No one can say no to delicious food. You can visit local streets and markets to try local cuisines with traditional touch.
- Participate in adventure activities and explore the adventure side by involving in activities including – Trekking, river rafting, camping, and bungee jumping.
- Explore the wildlife in Char Dham Yatra offers the opportunity to visit wildlife safari in places like Nanda Devi National Park, Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, and Rajaji National Park.
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- The best time to visit Char Dham is from April to June, as the weather temperature is moderate and relatively roads are open to the pilgrimage sites.
- Additionally, you could feel fresh nature vibes with blossoming flowers and lush greenery.
- However, it’s important to keep in your mind that the summer months can be busy for travelers due to popular holy sites.
- Moreover, plan your tour and bookings in advance to avoid any trouble.
- In conclusion, the best time to visit Char Dham and witness its natural beauty are the summer months from April to June.
There are many places you can visit that can be a great addition to your Char Dham Yatra.
Known as a popular skiing destination in the winter, Auli offers a breathtaking picturesque view of the Himalayas.
Settled on the banks of the Ganga River, Rishikesh is a holy city famous for its ancient temples and ashram.
Additionally, another holy city, Haridwar, situated on the banks of the Ganga River, is especially famous for its evening aarti ceremonies and Kumbh Mela Festival.
A town located in the Chamoli district Joshimath. It is home to famous ancient temples and is also counted as a starting point for the trek to the Valley of Flowers.
The capital city of the state Uttarakhand Dehradun. It is famous for its scenic beauty, climate, educational institution hub, also known as ‘Adobe of Dron’,
Best hill station to enjoy winters, Mussoorie offers stunning views and pleasant weather making it one of the popular tourist attractions.
Located in the Kumaon foothills, Nainital is a charming hill station famous for its snow views and lakes.
Resorts in CHAR DHAM
Nearby Places in CHAR DHAM
This pleasant slope station, in a real, sense implies the nine corners of the lake. Settled in the midst of the enormous green slopes of the Himalayas...Read More