The beautiful hill station of Dhanaulti from Mussoorie to Chamba in Uttarakhand is surrounded by mountains and forests. The city’s peaceful and serene setting is ideal for relaxation and unwinding.
In the Indian state of Uttarakhand, Dhanaulti is a little-known gem that has begun to gain popularity among tourists. Especially those who wish to escape the rush and commotion of city life for a peaceful, serene retreat. It’s a tiny town at an altitude of 2286 meters, which is the highest in the world.
The eco-park, which covers an area of over 13 hectares with a diverse range of flora and fauna, is one of the most popular sites in Dhanaulti.
It is surrounded by beautiful landscapes with vivid vegetation, snow-capped mountains, and lush greenery. The park is home to a variety of animal species, including Himalayan bears, leopards, and langurs. It’s also a popular spot for picnics and walks with up-close views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Dedicated to the Hindu goddess Surkanda, Her Devi Temple of Surkanda is another of her popular attractions in Danaulti. Amazing views of the temple from the top of the mountain are known for its stunning architecture. This popular pilgrimage site is visited by thousands of pilgrims each year.
Why You Should Visit Dhanaulti?
Known for its adventurous activities such as hiking, camping, rock climbing, and abseiling, it is surrounded by stunning trails such as the popular Nag Tiva Trail, which offers spectacular views of the snow-capped mountains and surrounding valleys. increase. You can experience various cultures such as B. Bikha Melauti, Dhanaulti offers visitors the opportunity to experience the local culture. The festival is held enthusiastically. Finally, Dhanothi is a natural and peaceful hill station in Uttarakhand, offering visitors a wide range of nature experiences, adventure activities or the chance to experience Indian culture. Danaulti has something for everyone, whether you’re looking for a quiet place away from city life.
A visit to this must-see destination will leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
THINGS TO DO IN DHANAUTLI
In Dhanaulti, there are a lot of things you can do to satisfy different interests. Some activities and features can be found here:
Check out Eco Park
There are several activities like trekking, bird watching, and camping available at this park in Dhanaulti. There is also a children’s park, as well as a botanical garden.
Drive through the forest
Dhanaulti is surrounded by thick forests that make it ideal for nature walks, hiking, and camping.
Visit the Surkanda Devi Temple
A popular pilgrimage site, this ancient temple dedicated to the Hindu goddess offers a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains.
Trek to Nag Tibba
For adventure lovers, a challenging trip to Nag Tibba, the highest peak in the Dhanaulti region, is a must.
Several camping sites in Dhanaulti offer a peaceful retreat amid nature with a budget-friendly budget.
Enjoy adventure sports
Activities like rappelling, rock climbing, zip-lining, zip-swing, Sky Bridging, quad bike adventures, paragliding, mountain biking, and more.
Take a tour with stunning views of the Himalayas and glorious green forests, to learn about Garwhali’s life and history.
BEST TIME TO VISIT DHANAULTI
- First of all, it is best during March to June and September to November for you to visit Dhanaulti. The pleasant weather in the summer, when temperatures are 10C to 25C, makes it an ideal time for visitors to tour the city and its wonderful scenery.
- Besides, Dhanaulti has hot and pleasant weather throughout the summer months between March and June making it an excellent place to take part in a variety of fun recreational activities like camping, walking, or exploring. However, as heavy rains can create landslides and interrupt travel plans, visitors should be advised not to visit during the monsoon season between July and August.
- In addition, Dhanaulti is also an ideal destination during the autumn season from September to November. The town is characterized by mild and pleasant weather during that period, making it suitable for the activity of sightseeing and outdoor activities.
- Moreover, there are heavy snows during winter months from December to February which makes it an ideal time for Winter Sports Enthusiasts visiting Dhanaulti as temperatures can drop below the freezing point.
- It follows from there that Dhanaulti is a year-round destination, with good weather and ideal sites for outdoor activities and excursions; however, the best season of visits should be March to June and September to November. Visitors should avoid visiting during the monsoon season from July to August, and winter months from December to February are suitable for those who enjoy winter sports and snowfall.
HOW TO REACH DHANAULTI FROM MAJOR CITIES
In the case of Dhanaulti, road, and air transport links are well-established with major cities in India. You can reach Dhanaulti from several large cities, in a variety of ways.
Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun is the closest airport to Dhanaulti, a distance of approximately 85 km. Cities in India like Delhi, Mumbai, and Bengaluru are easily accessible, the airport you can take a taxi or bus to reach Dhanaulti. You can also go to Dhanaulti, which is approximately 300 kilometers from Delhi, by taking a flight out of the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi and then on an express bus or taxi. Regular flights from different parts of India are carried out by a few airlines to Dehradun and Delhi.
The nearest railway station to Dhanaulti is Dehradun Railways Station, which is around 60 km away. You can take a taxi or bus to Reach Dhaunalti from the railway station Dehradun, which is extremely close to important cities in India such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata. It is recommended to check the train timetable and book tickets in advance so as not to cause any inconvenience, several trains run services from other parts of India into Dehradun.
Dhanaulti is relatively easy to reach in major cities of India by road. From nearby towns like Dehradun, Mussoorie, and Delhi you can reach Dhanaulti in a taxi or bus.
You can visit some of the other places near Dhanautli. Here are a few of them:
- MUSSOURIE: Mussoorie, situated approximately twenty kilometers from Dhanaulti, is a popular hill station. Famous for its natural scenery and has become known as “The Queen of the Hills”.
- KANTAL: Kantal, which is situated approximately 13 km from Dhanaulti and famous for the beauty of its environment, a small village that serves as an entry point to camping and hiking.
- CHAMBA: The city of Chamba is a little more than 30 kilometers from Dhanaulti. It is famous for its ancient temples, as well as its scenic beauty.
- SURKANDA DEVI TEMPLE: A well-known Temple a distance of approximately eight kilometers from Dhanaulti, lying at an altitude of 10,000 feet and offering spectacular views to the mountains beyond is Surkanda Devi Temple.
- TEHRI Dam: about 45 kilometers from Dhanaulti, is a hydropower dam known as Tehri Dam. One of the tallest dams in the world, and it has a magnificent view over Tehri Lake.
- NEW TEHRI: New Tehri is situated about 50 km west of Dhanaulti, an area famous for its scenery and the place where adventure sports like rafting or camping can be enjoyed.
- KEMPTY FALLS: An excellent waterfall located approximately 45 kilometers from Dhanaulti is known as Kempty Falls. A favorite tourist destination, and one of nature’s great beauties.