In the land of hills, Uttarakhand, Mussoorie is India’s most popular hill station, also known as the “Queen of the Hills”, known for its stirring, visual, stunning natural beauty, gracious rainfall, and a plethora of exciting activities.
It’s located in the Northern Indian state of Uttarakhand. It’s situated in the foothills of the Himalayas and is about 35 kilometers down from the state capital Dehradun.
Mussoorie is surrounded by lush green forests, cascading falls, and majestic mountains, and these natural wonders will surely hypnotize you and make you fall in love with the place. The beautiful scenic views of the hills and valleys will make you spend the special loving days of your life here.
However, the weather in Mussoorie is pleasant throughout the time, with cool summers and chilly
If you want to escape from the scorching summer heat of megacities winters. April, May, and June witness the peak season due to the pleasant climate.
Those looking forward to seeing snowfall should visit Mussoorie during winter. This makes it an ideal destination for you.
Mussoorie is also a great place for adventure nuts from trekking to paragliding, there is a lot of thrilling conditioning.
It’s a perfect destination for nature suckers, adventure seekers, history suckers, and foodies.
Overall, Mussoorie is a must-visit place for you!
BEST TIME TO VISIT
- The best time to visit Mussoorie is from mid-March to mid-November. During this time, Mussoorie has pleasant weather, with temperatures
between 10 °C and 25 °C.
- The months of March to June are the most popular as the weather is mild, and the trees and flowers are in full bloom, making the hill station look
- Mussoorie’s monsoon season lasts from July to September. There is a possibility of landslides and roadblocks during this time due to heavy
rainfall in the region, so it isn’t the best time to visit.
- However, the post-monsoon season from September to mid-November is a good time to visit as the rainfall is clear, and the girding hills and
valleys are covered with lush greenery.
- In winter, the temperature drops to freezing degrees, making it the perfect destination for snow lovers. Winter starts in mid-November and lasts
HOW TO REACH FROM MAJOR CITIES
- Mussoorie is easily accessible from major cities in India, like – Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, and Kolkata, and you can choose the mode of transport that suits you, best grounded on your preferences and budget.
- The nearest field is gleeful Grant Airport in Dehradun, which is about 54 kilometers from Mussoorie. You can take a direct flight from Delhi,
Mumbai, or Bangalore to Dehradun, and then hire a taxi to Mussoorie.
- Also, Mussoorie is only about 290 kilometers from Delhi, and it takes around 7- 8 hours to reach by road. Dehradun is well- connected by roads,
You can hire a taxi, take a bus, or drive yourself to Mussoorie.
- Alternately, you can also take a train to Dehradun Railway Station if traveling from metropolises like Bangalore or Kolkata. And then you can hire a taxi
from Dehradun Railway station to Mussoorie.
THINGS TO DO IN MUSSOORIE
- Adventure & Sports – You can go trekking, Paragliding, Angling, Zip- lining, and winter line, and explore the flora and fauna side of nature.
- Culture & Heritage – Mussoorie has a rich artistic heritage and is home to several historical landmarks similar as – Kempty Hills, Gun Hills, and Christ
Church. By visiting and exploring these places where you can learn about the original history and culture.
- Must-Try Original Cuisines – The food in Mussoorie is a pleasurable blend of Garhwali original cuisine, North Indian, and Tibetan cuisine. You can enjoy
Luscious momos, thukpa, and other original flavorful delicacies while exploring the city
NEARBY DESTINATIONS FROM MUSSOORIE
There are numerous places that you can visit from Mussoorie which are close and not so far to travel by road and are worth a visit. If you’re planning to extend your holidays also these are the places you must visit if you’re visiting Mussoorie
– Dehradun, the capital of Uttarakhand, is known for its pleasant weather, social architecture, and scenic beauty. It’s located
about33.8 Kilometers away by road from Mussoorie.
– Dhanaulti is a serene hill station located about 58.4 Kilometers away by road from Mussoorie. It’s known for its lush green forests, apple
orchards, and scenic views of the Himalayan range.
– Famous for its sightseer attractions like the Tehri Dam and Tehri Lake( man- made lake), is72.6 kilometers away by road via( NH 707 A)
– Kanatal is a small hill station, it’s known for its scenic views of the surrounding hills, apple orchards, and adventure activities similar as trekking,
camping, and rock climbing. It’s located about 48.7 Kilometers down via NH 707 A
– Chamba is a hill city located about 61.6 Kilometers via NH 707 A. It’s known for its ancient temples, scenic beauty, and peaceful surroundings.